Fractional Executive CIO/CISO/CRO
Ed is passionate about helping organizations align their people, systems, and processes to strategic business objectives, while complying with global regulatory obligations. With a keen eye towards consensus building, communication and a focus on data driven decision making, Ed helps clients elevate their operations. Ed has a proven ability to quickly diagnose customer pain points and then offer pragmatic solutions that enhance performance, optimize resources, and improve customer service. Whether the project is big or small, Ed’s experience, pedigree, and natural unflappable mentoring style, helps organizations focus on results and transformative business outcomes.
How Ed Has Helped Optimize Business Performance
- Ed is currently designing and leading a Data Privacy Management program to ensure global regulatory compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the California Privacy Rights Act (CPRA) utilizing the One Trust platform.
- As the Enterprise Program Leader, Ed successfully led the technology integration of two $90M Online Learning subsidiaries into a $350M Professional Learning Organization. This program included: corporate applications (NetSuite, Salesforce), procurement, marketing, finance, cybersecurity, data analytics, web hosting, network, service desk.
- As CIO, Ed transformed a 1200-person technology organization, improving service of all internal and external critical business systems, contact center performance, and realized over $18M in annualized savings through rationalizing management layers, headcount reductions, outsourcing non-strategic functions and eliminating redundant infrastructure.
- Ed led a transformative cybersecurity program focused on audit/compliance and maturing internal technology controls. This project successfully secured student data, physical campus, and systems infrastructure. It enabled successful alignment with SOX, FERPA and regulatory expectations of a publicly traded F500 company.
- As Head of Technology Risk Management of a global 1800-person F100 FinTech organization, Ed developed critical operational risk metrics, established a BCP/DR oversight program, and increased operational maturity across risk, compliance, exam management, controls life-cycle management and risk portfolio management processes.
- As the Program Sponsor, Ed successfully led the shutdown of a 700-person Global IT Services division, migrating services to two global data centers in Prague and Malaysia.
- Ed transformed a global technology service delivery organization by reducing head count by 16% and improving: SLAs for critical business applications to 99%, technical support call center performance (45% to 80%), answer rate (86% to 94%) and client satisfaction (85% to 93%).
Technology Executive Experience
- President and Founder – Tiempo Consulting Group
- Vice President & Chief Information Officer – Apollo Education Group (University of Phoenix)
- Head of Technology Risk Management – PayPal
- Head of Global Business Information Security Services – PayPal
- Vice President, Production Services – DHL
- Vice President, Technology Services – Charles Schwab & Co., Inc.
- Advisory Board Member – Silent Sector (Cybersecurity services)
- Board Member – Meritus Health Partners (Healthcare Insurance)
Clients and Companies Served
- Colibri Group (Online Education)
- Sonora Quest Labs (Health Care)
- STC Health (Health Care)
- Meritus Health Partners (Health Care)
BA – Business Management, University of Phoenix
US Air Force – E4, Honorable Discharge
- Financial Services
- Higher Education
- Professional Learning
- Logistics & Supply Chain
- Program Management
- Data Privacy Management
- Governance, Risk and Compliance
- Global Operations and Service Delivery
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Operational Excellence
- Data Center Operations Management
- Call Center Service Delivery