Fractional Executive CIO/CISO/CRO
Ed is a passionate and skilled problem solver. Through focused leadership, Ed helps mid-market organizations build and align their internal technology and cybersecurity systems and processes, leading to positive transformation and operational excellence. Ed’s long track record of successes shows a proven ability to analyze operations, internal processes, regulatory obligations, and then introduce strategic and pragmatic solutions. Whether the client need is big or small, Ed’s experience, pedigree, and natural unflappable mentoring style, help organizations achieve real results and gain operational maturity.
How Ed Has Helped Optimize Business Performance
- As CIO, Ed transformed a 1,200-person technology organization, improving service levels across all internal and external critical business systems, contact center performance and realized over $18M in annualized savings through rationalizing management layers, headcount reductions, outsourcing of non-strategic functions and the elimination of redundant infrastructure.
- Ed led a transformative cybersecurity program focused on audit/compliance and maturing internal technology controls. The program enabled successful alignment with SOX, FERPA and regulatory expectations while reducing the risk profile for technology of a publicly traded F500 company.
- As the Head of Technology Risk Management function for a global 1,800-person F100 FinTech organization; Ed developed critical operational risk metrics, established a BCP/DR oversight program, and increased operational maturity across risk management processes, compliance, exam management, and controls life-cycle management.
- Ed successfully led the shutdown of a 700-person Global IT Services division, migrating services to two global data centers in Prague and Malaysia, while keeping up employee morale and exceeding service levels.
- Ed implemented a C-suite balanced scorecard reporting framework, which resulted in improved operational excellence, service cost and quality transparency, and enabled the establishment of a shared services model across the enterprise.
Technology Executive Experience
- Vice President & Chief Information Officer – Apollo Education Group (University of Phoenix)
- Head of Technology Risk Management – PayPal
- Head of Global Business Information Security Services – PayPal
- Vice President, Production Services – DHL
- Vice President, Technology Services – Charles Schwab & Co., Inc.
Clients and Companies Served
- Colibri Group (Online Education)
- Sonora Quest Labs (Health Care)
- STC Health (Health Care)
- Meritus Health Partners (Health Care)
BA – Business Management, University of Phoenix
US Air Force – E4, Honorable Discharge
- Supply Chain Management
- Higher Education
- Financial Services
- Electrical Utility
- Food Industries
- Health Care
- US Government
- Risk and Compliance
- Enterprise Governance
- Program Management
- Technology and Business Alignment
- Global Operations and Service Delivery
- Data Center Management
- Call Center Service Delivery