Practice Director, IT Infrastructure Services
Dan is a proven and experienced, enterprise IT leader with a passion for process enablement and business/IT transformation in rapid-growth organizations. An entrepreneur at heart, Dan’s personal drive and curiosity have honed and complemented his soft skills with deep technical knowledge. Known for his approachable style and humbe demeanor, these qualities bridge the gap between C-level executives, technical staff, vendors, and business stakeholders alike, to effectively tackle rapidly changing challenges, growth, and M&A activity.
How Dan Has Helped Optimize Business Performance
- Full network and systems assessment for $350mm energy distribution contractor. Provide complete set of strategies and tactics to “harden” overall computing environment, reduce risk and enhance business operations. Provided immediate next steps and recommended resources to engage.
- Full IT infrastructure assessment and upgrade roadmap for heavy civil contractor. Outlined recommended infrastructure performance enhancements generating immediate cost savings opportunities across cloud migration and network design optimizations.
- Fractional Director of Infrastructure, retained to implement strategic IT roadmap; improving security, reducing vulnerability, reducing continuity risk, improving end-user access and experience, reducing IT operating costs, evaluating, selecting and implement core infrastructure improvement to firewall, switching and communications envirohment, enhanced backup of data/data protection, off-site cloud storage and hosting, AD integration, and other initiatives.
- Led IT for a large, international medical manufacturing organization, scaling the IT group with the organization from $140m to $1b in revenue. The environment included extensive FDA and ISO regulatory considerations.
- Re-engineered international Wide-Area-Network (WAN) for 25 site, 6000 employee organization.
- Pre-merger business/technology due diligence, analysis, and evaluation for multiple mid-market business transactions.
- Delivered multiple post-M&A integration projects from both buy side and sell side, including major ERP implementations and infrastructure consolidations.
- Built Aviation data SaaS toolset and data monetization strategy for innovative industry disruptor.
Technology Executive Experience
- Principal Systems Architect, WeWork
- Vice President of Information Technology, Viant Medical
- Director of Information Services, The Tech Group
- IS Manager, Sr. Network Engineer, The Tech Group
- Founder, ICS Solutions
- Founder, ADSBexchange.com
Clients and Companies Served
- Buesing Corp (Specialty Civil Contractor)
- Viant Medical (Medical Manufacturing)
- Northern Pipeline (Construction)
- WeWork (Real Estate)
- Tech Group (Plastic Injection molding)
- ICS Solutions (Technical Services)
- ADSBexchange.com (Aviation Data)
Clients and Companies Served
BS – Business and Information Systems, University of Phoenix
University of IL, Electrical and Computer Engineering Program
Illinois Mathematics and Science Academy
- Medical Manufacturing
- Real Estate
- Plastic/Elastomer Molding
- Newtork Design
- Cloud and Hybrid Services
- Disaster Recovery
- Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance
- FDA Regulated Environments
- Vendor Mangement
- Process Improvement
- Service Management
- On-Prem datacenter design