Practice Director, BI/Reporting and Analytics
Darin’s leadership and years of business intelligence experience enable him to design and develop solutions that deliver timely and trusted information, helping organizations make better decisions critical to their success. Leaning on his software product management background, he is adept at asking the right questions to uncover a client’s business challenges, opportunities, and risks, which ultimately lead to solutions delivering greatest value. After assessing a client’s needs, Darin formulates a workable roadmap, organizes a team, and executes the plan with the commitment of delighting the client every step of the way.
How Darin Has Helped Optimize Business Performance
- Created reporting solutions for a market-leading specialty civil contractor saving days of consolidating reports to track mission critical financial performance and monitor daily/weekly operations.
- Developed Self-Service BI solution allowing project managers to forecast profits at enterprise engineering/energy services contractor.
- As acting Director of Business Intelligence for $650MM (annual revenue) energy services contractor, completed a company-wide data assessment, built-out reports strategy map, and developed end-to-end BI system; provided executives and department managers immediate access to information reducing access and report wait times from days/weeks to real-time.
- Formed Business Intelligence and Reporting Teams for industry-leading ERP software provider serving thousands of mid-market construction firms; developed embedded reporting/analytics, giving users simplified and immediate access to information within automated workflows.
- Product Manager, successfully bringing three distinct Business Intelligence software products to market, providing visibility to real-time, actionable information for construction firms, long-term care pharmacies, and veterinary practices.
- Led team of product managers, product owners, and business analysts that defined and planned new software automating estimating and budgeting processes for over 20,000 construction professionals.
Technology Leadership Experience
- Business Intelligence Manager, Viewpoint Construction Software
- Product Management Director, InEight
- Senior Product Manager, Cubex, LLC
- Principal/Founder, AnswerFlow Technologies, LLC
Clients and Companies Served
- Primoris Services Corporation (Engineering and Energy Services Contractor)
- Westland Construction (General Contractor)
- Buesing Corp (Civil Earthwork)
- NPL/Centuri Construction Group (Energy Distribution Infrastructure)
- Cubex, LLC (Inventory Management Software for LTC Pharmacies, Veterinary, and Dental)
- Viewpoint Construction Software (Construction ERP Software)
- InEight (Construction Project Management Software)
BBA – Finance, Pacific Lutheran University
Minor –Information Science, Pacific Lutheran University
- Enterprise Software
- Commercial Construction
- Heavy/Civil Construction
- Specialty Contracting
- LTC Pharmacies
- Veterinary Practices
- Dental Labs
- Business Intelligence & Tools
- Decision Support Strategy
- Business Case Analysis
- Software Product Management
- Agile Software Development
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Systems
- Construction Finance and KPIs
- Dashboards and Analytics
- Enterprise Data Management
- SQL Database Design