Fractional Executive CIO/CISO/CRO
Steve is a people-first leader who inspires and builds sustainable teams with an unrelenting focus on results. In his 25-year career as a CIO, Steve has set and delivered digital transformation strategies that propel innovation and top and bottom-line growth, as well as offer competitive differentiation. As a seasoned IT professional, Steve has successfully cut IT expenses while simultaneously improving service levels and streamlining operational processes. Steve is bringing his tenured experience to help mid-market companies achieve and exceed their goals.
How Steve Has Helped Optimize Business Performance
- Margin Optimization – Reduced IT expense by $20M while simultaneously reducing system downtime by 50 percent, through platform consolidation, aggressively managing IT vendors, making targeted investment to remediate infrastructure “tech debt”, and introducing disciplined operational processes.
- Digital Transformation – Developed and delivered digital platforms that support new go-to-market business models such as e-commerce, services delivery and reverse logistics. Deployed AI (Artificial Intelligence), RPA (Robotic Process Automation) and chatbot technology to optimize operational and financial performance, which enabled $125M of new digital revenue.
- Mergers and Acquisitions – Set and delivered technology integration strategies for more than 50 acquisitions. Scaled IT platforms and teams to support associated revenue growth.
- Cybersecurity – Led a transformative information security program that included the onboarding of a CISO, along with a dedicated security team integrated into IT and business teams. Led company through a complex ransomware incident. Materially upgraded monitoring, protection and incident response capabilities.
- Talent – Invested in, built and retained a high-performing global IT team with a 2 percent voluntary turnover rate. Has successfully mentored multiple senior IT leaders into CIO/exec board roles.
Technology Executive Experience
Executive Vice President and Chief Information Officer at Alorica, a 100,000 employee BPO provider that supports major U.S.-based communications, financial services, healthcare, retail, on-line and tech companies with 2B+ customer interactions every year.
Senior Vice President and Chief Information Officer at Avnet, one of the world’s largest distributors of electronic components with 15,000 employees, operations in 125 countries and 2.1M customers.
Senior Vice President and Chief Information Officer at MEMEC, a global electronic component distributor.
Senior Vice President and Chief Information Officer at Gateway Computers, a B2C and B2B PC and consumer electronics manufacturer
CIO Hall of Fame Inductee
MIT Sloan CIO Leadership Award Finalist
HMG Strategy Transformational CIO Leadership Award
Education and Professional Qualifications
Fellow of the UK Institution of Engineering and Technology
Fellowship of Manufacturing Management at Cranfield University
Postgraduate Diploma in Management Studies from University of West London
BSc (Hons) Electronic Engineering from University of Essex
- BPO/Call Centers
- Distribution and Supply
- Chain Management
- Consumer Electronics
- Business and Technology Alignment
- Setting, Implementing Technology Strategies
- Digital Transformation
- Scaling Technology Platforms for Growth
- Building High-Performance Teams
- Risk and Compliance