Fractional Executive CIO
A tenured executive leader, Paul brings more than 30 years of experience across a spectrum of industry sectors including healthcare, information technology, professional services, and consumer goods manufacturing, supply chain and retail. Paul works closely with clients to realize business purpose, discover means of scaling operations through technology, and finding revenue streams and value creation opportunities. He is especially adept at integrating business process, technology, and people to improve metrics and outcomes. Paul’s servant-leadership style shows in him championing people through organizational change and hiring and promoting the right characteristics for the company’s mission.
How Paul Has Helped Optimize Business Performance
- As a COO, led an operational and organizational transformation, collaborated with the Board of Directors to create and implement a new strategic focus and direction, a 3-year turnaround roadmap, an innovative labor model, phased growth investments, and a complete rebrand.
- As the C-level executive leading commercial technology product development, drove the product development and go-to-market launch of a modular Azure cloud solution (SaaS, PaaS) while concurrently stabilizing existing solutions and ensuring client retention. Modernized the Integrated Eligibility Systems (IES) infrastructure platform and application software improving security and business continuity and, through a human-centered design approach, dramatically improved the customer experience.
- Key member of a team which integrated operations, staff, and technology for a $1 billion acquisition. Included initiatives across centralized and decentralized businesses and locations.
- Managed and optimized team of business unit aligned technology professionals at 18 locations in six countries running a $75 million operating budget.
- Transformed a consumer electronics retail Supply Chain by leading the design, construction, and operation of a distribution center start-up near Memphis, TN. Solution provided industry-leading material handling and IT systems, which enabled build-to-order assembly along with direct-to-store and direct-to-consumer order fulfillment.
Technology Executive Experience
- Chief of Operations and Client Services
- Senior Vice President / Chief Operating Officer
- Executive Director (CIO, Head-of-IT), Information Technology Worldwide
- Director, Consulting Services Project Management Office
- Leadership for engagements various software and infrastructure products and services from technology practices built around the Microsoft technology stack, Cisco networking and collaboration, digital innovation, connected workforce, and cloud transformation.
Clients and Companies Served
- Flex Technology Group (Office Technology and Managed Solutions Provider)
- Alluma (Social Enterprise Technology, Policy, and Services Non-Profit)
- Insight Enterprises (IT Hardware, Software, Professional Services)
- RadioShack Corporation (Consumer Electronics Retail)
- Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies (Consumer Health, Pharmaceuticals, and Medical Devices)
- Numerous client engagements including:
- Consumer goods manufacturers
- Healthcare providers and physicians
- State & Local Governments for medical, food, financial assistance programs
Executive Education, The Innovative Organization Program, Haas School of Business, University of California, Berkeley
Executive MBA Degree Program – Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) Sloan School of Management
BS – Business Management, BS – Computer Information Systems (CIS), York College of Pennsylvania
- Healthcare Provider Services
- Healthcare Manufacturing
- Software as a Service
- Software Development
- Professional Services
- Management Consulting
- Project Management Services
- Consumer Goods Manufacturing
- Consumer Electronics Retail
- IT / Business Alignment
- Business Operations
- M&A Integration
- Operational Transformation
- Change Management
- Customer Experience
- Organization Design
- Coaching & Mentoring
- Business Process Improvement
- Program Management
- Supply Chain